- Work with creative and strategy teams to develop web experiences, using WordPress as the CMS.
- Focus on creating visually appealing front end, but easy to maintain backend CMS environments.
- Involved in all aspects of the website development life-cycle including: Creative Briefs, Development, Internal QA, Client Presentation & Feedback, Browser Testing, Accessibility Testing and Integration.
- Development, maintenance and enhancement of the existing Websites. Often testing and updating previously built websites.
- Adhere to project schedules, raise questions when getting stuck, and be transparent in the deliverables to meet and exceed client expectations and deadlines.
- Be a contributing role player to the broader project team.
Background & Talent
- 5+ years of professional experience in Web development and production (Agency experience is a huge plus).
- A strong portfolio showcasing a breath of website projects
- A strong understanding of WordPress (PHP, CSS, JS)
- Understanding of Accessibility on the modern web
- Engaging Mobile Development, with an eye for performance
- Well versed in design handoff tools like : Adobe XD, Figma & Sketch
WordPress Theme Development
- Create unique themes for clients, using boilerplate templates like underscores
- Use Advanced Custom Fields to create an easy to use CMS tied to the page templates
- Understanding of content migration and management, for large content publishing
- Build strong websites with minimal third party plugins
Browser & Accessibility Testing
- Review sites on different browsers prior to a designer reviewing site
- Understand Accessibility Standards and build strong solutions (WCAG 2.1)
Growth Opportunities (Nice to Haves)
- Interest in JS Frameworks (Vue, React, etc.)
- Advanced Animations Techniques (WebGL / 3D Renderings)
- Web Marketing: Analytics, User Engagements, A/B Testings