As a Senior Strategist, you’re a hybrid of the creative and strategic. You create, activate and strategically drive the process of developing big ideas and creative solutions that ladder up to both Ghost Note’s core mission and our client’s business objectives.
You’ll develop strategic approaches and narratives for the projects, making sure all work is both strategically and creatively sound. You should have an interest in a managerial role – guiding and mentoring Interns, Jr. Strategists and Strategists.
From RFP’s to pitches to client projects, you’ll develop integrated plans driven by insights and strategic thinking. You’ll support various types of projects (experiential, OOH, digital, copywriting, brand strategies etc.) and various industries of clients (music, sports, technology, politics, government etc.).
In addition to working with the Strategy team under the supervision of the Director of Strategy, you will work with members of the Creative and PM teams in your day-to-day role.
The ideal candidate is a dope person with varying interests who can move through a pitch process or a campaign flight with light support. We know “strategy” means many different things at different places and we embrace that. We’re looking for a good and interesting person who is hyper-creative, High EQ strategic-thinker, who can think holistically about ideas and convey them in a compelling manner internally and externally.
Ghost Note Senior Strategist Responsibilities:
The Sr. Strategist will be expected to support a variety of tasks; including, but not limited to:
- Lead on creating concepts, plans, and ideas that are rooted in insights and authentic to the consumer, brand, market, or product
- Develop, build, design, and present pitch decks through compelling storytelling, design, layout, and visuals
- Look for and curate, unique, stories and insights through research that help inform creative concepts and plans
- Go from brief to execution, being able to take in a client brief, develop a creative brief, build a plan, and follow-through the execution of creative and production with support from the creative team and agency partners
- Build a strong rapport as a trusted and strategic thought partner to clients
- Maintain oversight of all assigned projects from start to finish, ensuring that both internal objectives and client objectives are being delivered upon
- Collaborate and brainstorm with team members and cross functional teams
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment, across multiple projects and clients with tight deadlines
- Provide strategic and creative support to teams across the agency to ensure the creative vision and direction is brought to life during the execution process
- Maintain a pulse on trends in advertising, social justice, politics, technology, sport, music, entertainment, lifestyle, art, and culture
Requirements and Skills
- 3-5 years of agency, brand, startup, or tech experience
- Portfolio of work or prior projects to share
- Excellent in Keynote or Google Slides (design, layout, speed, familiarity, etc.)
- Passion for strategic marketing, advertising, branding and storytelling
- Creative problem-solver, strategic thinker, and insight-driven
- Incredible storytelling skills and/or copywriting experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to serve as a strategic thought partner to high-level clients
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and clients